Not making a difference since 2006. Blog motto: Always be sincere whether you mean it or not.

Monday, November 17, 2014

The Vergens need to get a life

In a 1981 film, Zorro the Gay Blade, a rather fey caped crusader made the rule, "There is no shame in being poor, only in dressing poorly."

I am never going to make a best dressed list.  It is important to me, to at least try to look somewhat grownup.  Not so Mr. Matt Taylor.  His shirt is ugly and so are the tattoos on his arms.  If I saw him on the street and he panhandled me, I would direct him to the nearest homeless shelter.

Thus there are two shocks, Mr. Taylor was part of the team, ill dressed as he was, that landed that craft on a comet.  The second shocker, a navel gazer by the name of Chris Plante thinks he is a sexist swine and celebrates that Taylor was made to apologize.

Plante writes for uber politically correct tech site The Verge.  His headline went, "I don't care if you landed a spacecraft on a comet, your shirt is sexist and ostracizingThat's one small step for man, three steps back for humankind."

Chris is a senior editor at The Verge.  Supposedly, he has a life, but you would not know.  Being a member of a voluntary gestapo takes a lot of energy.

So we've gotta get Helen Reddy back into the studio, I am woman, I am weak.

Anyway, I know it's not why my daughters didn't go into Stem.  They are too much like the old man, obstreperous and not interested in the hard work.

Doc Taylor, you did two things I could never do, land on an asteroid and apologize for something so trivial.  Then again, I could never wear that shirt.

The Young Turks covered themselves in glory.

Hat tip to Outside In.

No comments: