Not making a difference since 2006. Blog motto: Always be sincere whether you mean it or not.

Sunday, May 01, 2016

Prince is gone world goes into mourning-moi, not so much

The period of mourning for David Bowie ends and almost immediately another rocker says au revoir.

What is there to say?  For the voice of humility, not all that much.

Unlike Mr. Bowie (our sparse commentary here) I was much older when our good man came on the scene and cannot even hum a few bars to save my life.

Yet I, along with the rest of the public, am being told I must celebrate his life and regret his passing.

Suffice it to say, from what little I've read, he wasn't a bad guy and his end was unpleasant enough that it is sad even to someone who knows so little of his oeuvre.  If there is another dimension, one hopes he is succored there, preferably without his guitar.

There is one of his songs, sung by the girl group, the Bangles, that I do know of.  Though not a big fan, it was a catchy tune.  When apprised of the provenance, I realized who was dreaming of "kissin' Valentino By a crystal blue Italian stream."  


No comments: